If you’re a current Crain’s Detroit Business member, please use your crainsdetroit.com login information to access this form. If you’re not a current member, please create a new OpenWater account by clicking "MY ACCOUNT" above.
Crain’s Excellence in HR Awards recognizes metro Detroit’s outstanding human resources executives and teams. Often operating behind the scenes, sometimes boxed into stereotypes about pizza parties and paperwork, HR professionals are actually the nerve centers of their businesses – taking care of its people, controlling costs, keeping the business in compliance and helping achieve its strategic goals.
All information submitted as part of this application is considered on the record. We reserve the right to publish any information provided if an applicant is selected for an award.
Awards available in six categories:
- Overall Excellence / HR Team of the Year: How did your team drive business results or achieve its goals in 2018? The strongest applications will be specific, detailed and include clear metrics of success.
- Compensation and Benefits: Tell us about the innovative, unusual, or insanely competitive benefits package you offer for your employees. Or maybe you've been a masterful negotiator or have succeeded at controlling the rising costs of benefits. Either way, we're looking for a story about how your work in compensation and benefits has driven business success.
- HR Innovator: How is your team breaking the mold and trying new things in the HR space? And how have those innovations led to business success?
- Employee Experience: Excellent HR leaders recognize the importance of the complete employee experience. Tell us about how you improved a crucial aspect of the employee experience or overhauled your entire approach to experience design in a way that made a measurable difference to employee engagement, retention, and/or overall business performance.
- (Diversity &) Inclusion: Show measurable improvement not only in the diversity of your workforce but how your employees are included, valued and encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. We're looking for HR professionals/teams who have successfully made the business case for investing in diversity and inclusion to the company's top executives.
- Finding and Growing Talent: How has your team taken ownership of the talent problem and developed solutions for meeting the company's talent needs?
The deadline to nominate is Tuesday, April 30. Visit this link to preview the application.